“Please remember. I am not retired. This is not something I do for extra money. I am not a part time fisherman. Fishing is my only job. It is how I pay bills and provide for my family. You will never find another guide who is more devoted or will work harder for you than I will.
* When you book a fishing trip, I reserve that date for you no matter what. If you cancel your trip, then I do not make a paycheck for that day, or in some cases, even that week. It also means that I turned down a client who was willing to show up and fish on that day.
*If you reschedule outside of 10 days from your trip.I will move your deposit over to the new date.
*Rescheduling within 5 days of your trip will be handled the same as a cancellation and deposit will be non-refundable.
*All cancellations are non-refundable.
* Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash and are non-refundable.
*Any no show or cancellation within 24 hours of our start time will be billed the full price of the trip.
PLEASE NOTE: I understand that things happen. If you decided you must cancel. It is important to give me as much notice as possible. If I can reschedule your reserved date. Then your deposit/payment can be moved to another date.
“Safety is my #1 concern. In cases where I feel that our safety may be jeopardized. I will cancel the trip without hesitation.”
*In most cases. There is no way to tell what exactly Mother Nature will bring us until the day of our trip. I will be the one to decide if the weather is un-fishable. This decision will be most likely be made at the dock. The morning of.
*In the event of a mechanical issue. I will notify you as soon as possible and give you the choice to reschedule or go on your reserved date with one of the other trusted guides that I work with each day.
*If weather conditions force us to go in early, I will either pro-rate the trip or give you your next one free. That’s right. Absolutely free on the next one. That will be my decision at the time. It will be based on how much time we spent out and how productive our time on the water was. I have given free trips in the past because of this exact reason. I want you to not only be my customer for the day. But I want you to be my customer from that day on.
*I keep a very close watch on weather and wind conditions. There are occasions that a grim forecast is inevitable. In these cases, I will call you prior to your reserved date, and discuss the possibility of rescheduling.
REASONS I MAY CANCEL A TRIP:
Extreme winds. Normally when winds start pushing 25 mph, the lake is getting very sketchy. (Moderate wind to even strong winds. We will fish.)
*Lightning. In the event of lightning strikes, we will head in, not go out, or wait out the storm before going out. (This is one of those judgement calls while we are there.)
*Extreme cold and wind throughout the day. Days where the temps will not climb above freezing make fishing very miserable as well as unsafe. We will typically not fish on days like these.
NOTE: We will fish in cold, heat, wind, and rain. These are not factors that make a trip unproductive or unsafe.